vBulletin stats
  1. Feel free to join, discuss and list your real estate properties. Never put your hard earned money in real estate without discussing the projects. Please don't throw around your website's link.
  2. Get stock markets trading ideas and strategies. Discuss Personal finance and plan your retirement. Join home buying forum to post your investment and trading questions.
  3. Post your rental queries in the city specific forum. If you are looking for a house, provide additional details like budget & specifications like 1BHK, 2BHK etc. If you are posting about your property for rent, provide maximum information like rent, locality, floor etc.

Which is the best area to buy flats in chennai?

Discussion in 'Chennai Real Estate' started by jamesjasika, May 10, 2012.

1. jamesjasika New Member

please share if u have any ideas.i wish to buy flat in chennai.
  2. real_buzz Moderator

Any urban area is good for investment.
  3. palace homes New Member

Flats for sale near Madipakkam, Pallikarrani, Velacherry, Kovilambhakkam with affordable costs.
    Visit: http://www.palacehomes.in
  4. shiva New Member

Choose the place which is little apart from city..it will better to gain peaceful life
  5. imhello New Member

6. martinmaria18 New Member

I think CasaGrande is constructing a JUMBO villa in 18 acres space, this villas is constructed in Thalambur which is near to kelambakkam,OMR. i feel this would be better compare to Apartments
  7. sneha6858 New Member

Thaiyur is one of the best place to buy property in Chennai. You can visit Hiranandani for more help. I bought a luxurious apartment in Egattur at Hiranandani.
    Chennai Properties
  8. logangibs New Member

9. Anooppratheesh New Member

Since all upcoming projects are been constructed in out of city its better to invest there i hope.
  10. Vinothkumar1 New Member

The southern suburb along OMR is a booming destination for apartment buying with good infrastructure, water facility, no water logging, drainage facility and located amidst hospitals, schools, colleges and shopping malls. Porur a Chennai suburb is also fast developing.
  11. agphomes New Member

Hi
    AGP Homes is one of the best builders in chennai. It has the experience of 21 successful projects with best results from customers point of view.They are the vital builders in Perungudi and Madipakkam.

For more details , visit us at
    http://www.agphomes.co.in
  12. candyflower Member

I would like to suggest Real estate agent for searching new place. real estate agent know very place very well. they can suggest you which place better for you.
  13. sichermove New Member

chennai is a well developed place, real estate market is also booming day by day. So you can invest outside the city with low budget
  14. yasminpretty New Member

Velachery is the hot real estate destination in chennai...If you invest in velachery it ll be beneficial for you future
  15. sidharthrawal9 New Member

Hey all,
    I would like to add some suggestions, where you can invest for a better life.
    In Eggatur omr is also a better place in chennai.
    My colleague who recently shifted to chennai, bought 2bhk flat in eggatur chennai, where house of hiranandani made 2/3/4/5 bhk apartments. I found better place in chennai and also i want to recommend all to invest in Eggatur, Chennai.
    I hope my additions you will like, and also will think before investing.
  16. kabirsingh New Member

Hi sidharth,
    I am totally agree with you about house of hiranandani. Recently i booked 2 bhk in chennai at Eggatur, I am totally satisfied and i got my dream home.:cool:
    So happy and wealthy investment i had done.
  17. sidharthrawal9 New Member

Hey kabirsingh,
    Thank you so much for agreeing with me. Chennai Eggatur is really great place as per investment view.
  18. kabirsingh New Member

19. Edward D. Love New Member

I never been in this place but i heard a lot that there was a good flat in this place in fact even in Finland where i am a real estate agent at http://www.arvoasunnot.fi/ many people there know that in that country there is a lot of affordable flats.
  20. Fomra Housing New Member

Hi Friends,
    I am newbie in this forum. I like very much to this forum. I am Mark Hendry from Chennai.

Thanks
    Mark Hendry
  21. kabirsingh New Member

22. purvijoshi Member

If you are planning to buy a flat in Chennai, then
    1.Old Mahabalipuram Road (OMR
    2.Velachery
    3.Oragadam
    4.Poonamalle High Road
    5.Tambaram
    6.GST Road
    7.Medavakkam
    8.Guduvancheri and Porur should be the ideal areas to buy flats.

As a reference if you want to know the price for flats in Chennai Click Here
  23. Old Mahabalipuram Road,Velachery,GST Road,Tambaram,Oragadam,Ambattur are some of the best known place for property investment.
  24. swati rao New Member

i think egattur OMR is a good place to invest.There are plenty of real estate companies over there that will help you with your dream house. The luxury apartments in chennai omr will give you a uber rich and classy feel. OMR is a very calm and quiet area without the actual city hustle. As most of the companies are just there you can end up with a great deal that is profitable. Chennai is going to be a IT hub in future in just like Bangalore
  25. silvadavid New Member

Best area to invest in Chennai is OMR. There are many properties of reputed builders like Radiance Realty, Lodha group etc. Personally I would suggest to go with Varun Manian owned, Radiance Realty as it is the most reputed builder in Southern India.
  26. Prithvi New Member

When it comes to buying an apartment in Chennai, you can't go wrong with the OMR region. The region has consistently proven to be an attractive residential destination in the past. The improvement in infrastructure, increased connectivity and opening of social outlets like malls, restaurants etc. have been a boost to the region. It is located in the heart of the industrial and IT sectors so people prefer to live here as it greatly reduces their commute time. The price appreciation looks set to continue in the future along with the growing demand. In fact one of the most talked about projects on the OMR stretch right now is Radiance Mandarin. Definitely a good option to look at for a flat.
  27. Virat New Member

Loaction Name : Pallavaram, Chennai
    Project Name : Agni Pelican Heights

About Projects :

Agni Pelican Heights is one of the residential development of Agni Estates and Foundations, situated in Chennai. It offers roomy and skillfully composed 2BHK, 2.5BHK and 3BHK condo at exceptionally moderate costs. The undertaking is all around outfitted with every one of the comforts to encourage the necessities of the occupants.

Every one of the necessities like eatery, play school, transport station, train station, doctor's facility, bank, ATM, petrol pump all these are accessible in the area. The other distinctive pleasantries gave by the venture is an all around kept up framework for auto stopping office which is given to every last flat camera footage security administrations, play area, sewage water treatment plant, power reinforcement office framework and considerably more. The cost of the lofts is additionally relied on upon solicitation esteem

For More Details : http://pelicanheights.in/

Attached Files:

28. Sillachi Fernandes New Member

One of the best place to invest in Chennai is Thiruvanmiyur. And one of the best projects in Thiruvanmiyur is Poomalai Ruchik.

Poomalai Ruchika by Poomalai Housing Private Ltd in Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai

Poomalai Ruchika is one of the popular residential developments in Thiruvanmiyur, neighborhood of Chennai. It is among the ongoing projects of its Builder. It has lavish yet thoughtfully designed residences in 1 Blocks. Poomalai Ruchika is a private property which comprehends the needs of the dwellers and gives huge foundation to their work. The flats reflect devotion to quality and an upkeep of guidelines. The rooms are richly dispersed, all around ventilated and suitably intended to appeal the residents. Elegance extents alongside an extraordinary class add charm to this residence. The expansive windows are deliberately set for dazzling perspectives and invigorating ventilation that imbues the home with regular freshness. The Elegant habitations and present day style makes Poomalai Ruchika independently particular from others and assures a commendable venture.

For more details : poomalairuchika.in
  29. Virat New Member

Location Name : OMR, Chennai
    Project Name : Yuga Alta vida

About Project : Alta Vida Yuga Homes is a well known residential project of Yuga Homes Ltd. It offers decision of 1/2/3 BHK apartment in a region going between 570 sq ft to 1302 sq ft. It has an admission of more than 397 extensive and breezy houses, situated at Thaiyur, OMR in Chennai. This region is one of Chennai's IT passage inverse SSN Engineering College. It lies in close closeness to the Airport which is a 45 min drive from it. IT is additionally near some more places like Fortune Hotel, Shopping Malls, Lifeline Hospital, Chettinad Hospital, Hindustan College and so on. It possesses 5 sections of land and comprises of 7 private pieces with 11 stories altogether. Madhya Kailash is just 35 minutes from it, Tidal Park is insignificant 30 min, Lifeline Hospital is 25 min, VGP, ECR is 15 min, Muttukadu Boat House is 7 min, Mayajaal is 15 min, Chettinad Hospital is 5 min, Hindustan College is 5 min, Asiana Hotel is 10 min, Sathyabama University is 17 min, Siruseri - Sipcot is just 10 min and acclaimed VIT University is just 10 min from this venture site

For More Details : http://yugaaltavida.in/

Attached Files:

30. Ranu Member

31. Ranu Member

Featherlite Swargam is a flagship housing project of FEATHERLITE DEVELOPERS Located in Urapakkam, Chennai. This venture provides a well-equipped variety of apartments, it's a housing property that is completely set to define what life should be alike in the initial space. Featherlite Swargam takes to you luxury homes in Chennai packed with a number of facilities, it will make your standard more pleasant andincrease elegance, Featherlite Swargam also providing healthy and relaxed lifestyle, the venture has been planned keeping every needs of yours in consideration. In this residential property all facilities are provided here, like pool, tennis court, gym, Party hall, indoor games, children play ground, jogger track, safety & electricity back up. Without compromising your living style you can relish your life here to create a good time with your loved ones and friends. This project is offering 1 BHK flats of different sizes, sizes included in these houses ranges between 655 - 665 Sqft each. Featherlite Swargam is currently in Ready to move stage. Price of these attractive homes ranges between ₹ 22.3 Lac to 23 Lac.
  32. liyans Member

33. Ritu Mehta Member

Top property Investment Areas in Chennai for Best Returns

deal destinations in Chennai for property investment:

Based to the researched, there are few areas that are growing by leaps and bounds over other areas. The below mentioned localities are the best and most preferred areas in Chennai for property investment.

OMR (Old Mahabalipuram Road)/ECR

OMR is the most sought after place of IT professionals and auto mobile workforce. OMR is referred to as an IT/ITES corridor of Chennai. It is well connected to Aurora and easy access to city through IT express way. With the house of Educational institutions, health care centers and entertainment centers OMR emerged as a nice and peaceful locality to home buyers. This vicinity has got a habitat along with good transportation facilities. The booming infrastructure and in-house amenities are attracting potential investors into making investments in the locality. Moreover, this locality is well connected to all transpire places of Chennai. The panorama of living near the beach makes ECR as the best locality for investment. The current price trend of this locality is from rs4153 to Rs 5000 per sq ft.

GST Road

The Grand Southern Trunk Road is well known as GST road in Chennai, this is one of the busiest highways that connect Chennai to the southern parts of Tamilnadu and its airport. The Road starts from the Jathipara junction in Guindy. Considered to be an ideal locality for IT professionals who are working in nearby companies, not only an industrial hotspot but also a residential hot spot, the road is well connected with rail and roadways with the blend of good social infrastructure. The GST Road appears as a lucrative investment location with home of sophisticated apartments, colleges, health care centers, gated communities etc… The price trend of this area is from Rs 4185 to Rs 5000 per sq ft.

Tambaram

In spite of being one of the oldest localities, Tambaram stood as best in Chennai South. The presence of numerous educational institutions, IT companies, easy access to all amenities such as shopping malls, connectivity in roads & railways and civic development the locality has emerged as a popular among IT professionals, High Net worth Individuals and Non Residential Indians. Due to upgrade of Infrastructure and social developments prepared the area as a popular destination. Tambaram East is a rather environs of independent houses and multi storey apartments where Tambaram West is applauded with Malls and recreation spots. With the steady demand, Tambaram became as a promising investment locality in Chennai. In this area the property prices are ranging from Rs 3500 to Rs 7032 per sq ft.

Poonamallee High Road:

Poonamallee is a prime residential locality in Chennai. It is not just closer to the central business district but also enjoys the facilities of a suburb. There is an immense infrastructural work that lines Poonamallee easily making it one of the best and ideal destinations for property investment in Chennai. The vicinity is also the best bed for choosing rental properties in Chennai. Being as a fast growing and peaceful locality it is surrounded with all facilities like ATM’s, Malls, Hospitals, Public schools and many. The property price ranges from Rs 3141 to 5107 per sq ft.

Velachery

Even though most of the prime properties have been occupied in Velachery, surrounding areas are still open to heavy investments. This place has a high level of amenities and facilities for all age groups available. But the major drawback of this locality is the maintenance of the roads. One should check on that point before buying any property in this area.

Buy rate: Rs. 6,650 – 8,650/sq. ft., Rs. 79,650 – 98,550/sq. yd.
    Rent rate: Rs. 12,270 – 16,360 ( for a 2 bedroom)

Guduvancheri

After Tambaram, the next place to invest is Guduvancheri before one thinks about Chengalpet. This is one of the hot properties of Chennai especially in terms of proximity and access. This area however is stil upcoming and a lot of amenities like food should be checked especially if you are not from Tamil Nadu.

Buy rate: Rs. 3,350 – 4,000/sq. ft., Rs. 9,000 – 13,500/sq. yd.
    Rent rate: Rs. 6,405 – 8,235

Oragadam

Heavy industrial companies such as Renault Nissan, Nokia Siemens Network, Moser Baer, Komatsu, Ashok Leyland, etc. have set up shop here , making it the preferred destination for self-contained real estate projects. It has good connectiity to Chennai, Kanchipuram and other districts as well as the national highways.

Buy rate: Rs. 3,200 – 4,450/sq. ft. Rs. 7,650 – 13,500/sq. yd.
    Rent rate: Rs. 8,118 – 9,594
  34. viplav New Member

As many have pointed out already, in my opinion Chennai’s OMR in Egattur seems like an interesting choice for buying luxury apartments. These are useful for working professionals especially, because of their closeness to the SIPCOT IT Park, which is a 28-story tower housing big companies such as Cognizant, Syntel, TCS, Reliance JIO, Apollo, and others.
    Again as most others on this forum have suggested, I would go with the House of Hiranandani project here because of two primary reasons:
    1.It is located right opposite the SIPCOT IT Park
    2.The apartments there offer a magnificent view of the Bay of the Bengal.

HoH is spread over 120 acres and has flats available in 2, 3, and 4 BHK in luxury apartments. A prestigious name in the country, the HoH project offers a comprehensive list of amenities such as swimming pools, Jacuzzi spa, jogging tracks, gyms, tennis courts, snooker and pool game areas, etc. It is advisable to buy luxury apartments in Chennai OMR from a reputed builder only.
  35. gurunath New Member

Old Mahabalipuram Road (OMR), or Rajiv Gandhi Salai, is considered to be one of the prime locality in Chennai. This 50-km stretch houses the SIPOCT IT Park and is thus popularly known as the IT Corridor. If you wish to buy a flat on OMR, Chennai, you can consider the new upcoming project by House of Hiranandani known as Anchorage. This 120-acre property is equipped with many amenities. Buying a house in this location will provide an easy access to several markets such as Sholinganallur, Thoraipakkam, and Karapakkam, as well as educational institutions such as Satyabama University and St. Joseph’s College of Engineering. You can look for other apartments for sale in Chennai too before making the final decision.
  36. Amar Yadav New Member

A close friend of mine has purchased a 2BHK flat in Chennai at the Old Mahabalipuram Road (OMR). She and me happened to visit the place just a month prior to complete all her after sale formalities. I was quite impressed to see the entire architecture of the place. It was my first time in Chennai, but I must say this, it completely drew my attention. The connectivity of the roads is truly spectacular. There are monorails, metro or even railways which you can opt for. All well-known IT companies are situated in and around this place. This area is surrounded with ATM’s, banks, schools, hospitals and shopping centres. This area has everything that you need for your day to day need and don’t really have to get of this place unless you are travelling far. This area has some of the well-known structures such as Anchorage by the House of Hiranandani. The tall skyscraper steals the show.
  37. RobertRiche New Member

38. IndumathiDeva New Member

After the Chennai floods and recent rains, one can clearly witness the areas that are prone to be affected by any calamities. This has thrown light on some of the best localities that are best for buying flats in Chennai. Being in this field for about few years, I would like to suggest some of the locales that are best for investment purpose.
    1) Pallavaram Thoraipakkam Radial Road
    2) OMR
    3) Padi
    4) Korattur
    5) Anna Nagar
    6) Chromepet
    These are some of the suggestions.
  39. RobertRiche New Member